The Philippine Development Forum - Sulong Pilipinas: Hakbang Tungo sa Kaunlaran is an annual consultative conference that brings together business communities from all over the country. It seeks to establish a strong partnership between the government and the business sectors not only to build an economy that is truly inclusive but also bring a comfortable life for Filipinos.
This conference serves as a good platform for providing updates on our country's achievements as well as receiving feedback from businesses on the proposed plans and programs of President Rodrigo Duterte's administration.
The first Sulong Pilipinas event was held in June 2016 in Davao City prior to President-elect Duterte formal assumption to office to unveil the then-incoming administration's 10-Point Socioeconomic Agenda.
News & PR
Get the latest updates on Sulong Pilipinas
- 4 regional ‘Sulong’ forums generate ‘Top 10’ proposals DAVAO CITY—A consolidation of the actionable recommendations submitted by the private sector in the four regional “Sulong Pilipinas” workshops conducted in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao in November yielded proposals ranging from improving agricultural output and simplifying loan requirements for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to enhancing peace Read More»
- Regional ‘Sulong’ forums underscore private sector’s role in sustaining growth DAVAO CITY—Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III has said that spinning off the annual “Sulong Pilipinas” consultative conference into regional forums across the country underscores the importance given by the Duterte administration to the business sector in its pursuit of high and inclusive growth. Dominguez said the government doubled Read More»
- Duterte admin delivers on 1st ‘Sulong’ recommendations CLARK FREEPORT—The Duterte administration has delivered on several key recommendations two years ago by the private sector to help the government supercharge the economy and fulfill its goal of inclusive growth, notably on improving the ease of doing business, implementing a national identification (ID) system and instituting tax Read More»
- Last leg of ‘Sulong’ 2018 SME workshops to be held in Clark, Davao ‘Sulong Pilipinas,’ the annual consultative forum held by the Duterte administration with the private sector, will focus on tax reform and the ‘Build, Build, Build’ infrastructure program this year, with the last two legs to be held at the Clark Freeport Zone Read More»
- Visayas and Luzon SMEs back lower corporate income tax, EODB reforms Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) from Visayas and Luzon have rallied behind the Duterte Administration’s proposed reforms in corporate taxation, which, they said, would enable them to expand their businesses, raise their employees’ salaries and hire more workers. Edward Du and Alexander Ang, regional Read More»